Thursday, July 24, 2008

sweat... sweat and more sweat.

I simply love to sweat. Not fully sure why though ( bet Wasim or Tahira would be more than glad to enlighten me). All i know is that it helps me beat the stress and most importantly...the emotional build up. I realize that though i am quite frank and open, i do internalize alot of issues that upset/irritate me. Simply because the issue seems too trivial for me to enter the "Raghavan Zone" ( simply put the confrontation zone). In the "Raghavan Zone" , there are no grey areas... its either all or nothing. So normally i would try to avoid the bitter after effects of an all out confrontation if the situation is deemed minuscule.

Anyway, coming back to the topic of.... sweat. I just love sweating. I love the sauna and i love the field exerceises back in NS days ( though i cursed it back then). At the end of a long , hard and exhausting day... sweating it out actually and ironically rejuvenates me ( starting to sound like an endorsement for Brands Essence of Chicken). But seriously it does. I was beginning to wonder if in fact, something was really off with me. I was not physically active when i was young. Its only now. I don't know why. My friends are reluctant to engage in constant or shall i say consistent physical activities and they simply churn out the same old excuses despite knowing the benefits of sweating it out. By the way... just to let you all know... Sweating makes you smarter. Don't believe? read Psychology Today .....errr.. i think you should place your mouse over the word "Psychology Today".

Some of my buddies cheese me off by specualting that i engage in all these activities cause i am training up to be an ironman. IRONMAN?! Your head ah. IronPOTBELLYman, maybe... But ironman , definitely no. Then there is the other group who always say that they don't have enough hours in the day to factor in exercise. I only spend 2 hours a week on solid exercise. Let me rephrase that into something more sellable. Only 30 mins a day and 4 times a week ... or 15 mins everyday.. how you want to incorporate it into ur schedule is up to the individual.

I get the wonderfull opportunity of playing soccer with my colleagues at the school courtyard on Thursdays.. Its a small courtyard... but when you run back and forth at your maximum sprints.. it can be the workout of your life.. After that.. i was primed to run a cross country.. which of course i run on Wednesdays with another set of colleagues. Then i also cycle to school every other day if knees are holding up well. Soccer and running only takes up one hour alltogether in the entire week. It also promotes opportunities to foster better friendships at the work place.

Well at least there are some people who take me seriously.. to a point where one has become a full fledged runner ( wink wink), Chandra is now the swimmer and Wasim the cyclist and me the runner in the next upcoming team triathlon event.. and yesh of course.. how can i forget Ah Bin the ROAR RUNNER... simply put he is mad. He has ran to the edge of his sanity...

I would love to whine more ... but this all i can dish out with one hand typing. I realised i have a penchant for abrubt endings. Can't help it... was never good in essays since secondary school.

No comments: