Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Me... and my procrastinations....

Was in the bus on my way back home when i received a message from a dear old friend...
"...... I'll be leaving tonight with my wife and kid to Australia.. It will be 2 years or more before we return......"

It stung me very badly. I always wanted to organise a reunion lunch or a dinner where by all the seniors from the Masjid Al-Amin religious class can congregate once before he flew off. He was one of the key people who defined my learning journey... maybe journey is too strong a word ... lets call it learning experience then.. He made if fun and enjoyable when every other factor scared me off.

He told me that he would be flying off in Feb '09 back in December. I told him that i will be organising a meet up tomorrow.. Somehow, tomorrow never came. The message fuelled nothing but regret for not having the meet up sooner.

I am not someone who believes that all will be normal when he returns.. 2 years later. Time changes everyone and everything. Anything can happen in a short span of time. When constant contact is absent... even a good friend becomes a stranger and all you have is just the memories to remember by... when a little more effort could have achieved other wise.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It has been a long time since we all met .. All have different lives to lead ...