Monday, June 09, 2008

Just randomly....again

Nunbuns, i appreciate your eagerness for an update on my site but kindly understand that i was in reservist. If you desperately need your daily fix of raascal's connundrums.. you can feel free to subscribe .. only SGD 19.99 / month.
Serving my reservists somehow allowed me to reflect on alot of touchy or slightly sensitive issues. I shall dedicate another entry to my revelations in Reservist to add the weight to the banes of our multiracial society. Racism or Economic Practicality, we shall discuss it another time.

On a lighter note, been looking around for a chainstay protector for my bicycle. Freaking hell, they cost anywhere from 4 bucks to 40..... What the crap? So, when i was walking around aimlessly , a "why didnt i think of that?!" moment suddenly hit me. Went straight back home started ripping apart all the fabrics in the house with a very curious mother overlooking my shoulder. After a good one and a half hour of ripping, cutting, pasting , pulling , wiping and cursing....

Behold.......

DSCF5565

DSCF5562

Not bad for an amateur if i say so myself....
till mom asked why does my bike look as if its draped in a sari.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice. At least in the picture.

nisangel said...

Din, wat the **** is dat?!! Please dun damage the poor bike's image.. I know it's a she but SHE doesn't have to be clad in a sari?!! SHE's a bike!! A mountain bike:(

jalsa... said...

hahaha... i was expecting this reaction from you nisa.. damn i didnt have a camera to snap a pic in person.

dun worry the visual aesthetics/ accessories are only temporary. they are not going to last even a few rides.. the so called protector is made from bits and pieces of leftover table drape. besides i am not the meticulous type to keep changing it all the time.