Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Baby got an upgrade...

Hmmm never really intended to upgrade anything at first. I merely wanted to bring Habiba in for a long overdue tune up. Front brakes were not responding too well and there was an annoying creeking sound from the handlebars. Other than that nothing else.

The mechanic saw me dismounting from my bike and he immediately told me, "bro, i got 2 recommendations for you... other than that everything is ok with your jamis".

1) Tires (not urgent la.. maybe 3 more months down)
2) Brakes.( Urgent )

So we were walking around his shop browsing all the brakes and rotors. He was giving me the ups and downs of all the brakes. Initially thought of getting a hydraulic brake but he personally recommended a ball bearing one. He won me over with well laid out reasoning and intrinsic "practical" advice. He also saved me quite a bit in cost. Personally, i would recommend HUP LEONG Pte Ltd to anyone if they are planning to get a bike and good after sale services.

So ya, Habiba now rides with a pair of Avid BB7 MTN ( starting to sound like Nisa)brakes.

1 comment:

nisangel said...

Eh??!! I dun think I'm like dat.. I'm more like, "Din, just spend your money on anything expensive!!" he he.. ~Peace~