Saturday, May 05, 2007

F.Y.I

i have been asked too many ridiculous questions too many times by the same too many people... so heres to answer some [ which i deem, not sensitive] of them

People: Din, you indian muslim ah?
Din: yes.. i am

People Oh, i have been thinking you are an Indian.
Din: Yes i am Indian.

People: Then how come you muslim?
Din: Coz i am a muslim.... Indian is my race and islam is my faith/religion... Its ok to be a mix , the world wouldn't end.

People: Eh, you pure indian ah?
Din: err... i pure indian

People: oh i tot you had Mongolian blood..
Din: What?!

People: Do you know Shah Rukh Khan... ( apparently, my last name has a khan)
Din: No i do not.

People: How many kids do u have ah?
Din: i will tell you after i have them...

People: Oh, still planning ah...(.... last time when my husband and me.........)
Din: [my goodness] ya i still planning, must get a girlfriend, marry her and impregnate her... etc.. a lot of work la...

People: Din, how old are you ah?
Din: 24

People: I tot you married already , haha
Din: err.. no la i am not... still young la.


People: Eh, got girlfriend or not?
Din: Why do you ask


People: Just ask only la..
Din: No i don't have..


People: Dun bluff bluff...
Din: Why should i ? you think i am still 16 to lie about all these ah.


People: then who da gal i saw with u in [a variety of places]
Din: Frend la... aiyo... friends. whats wrong with you people?


People: Din, you must be very rich rite?(monetarily)
Din: No i am not...


People: Indians must be very good in maths ah?
Din: i am not.


People: Eh, you know the ministers ah?
Din: No i do not..

People: you must know people with strong influences...
Din: where ever u got that idea from... i only know my frens and family.

Din: Give me a break la...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salam Bro! Hahaha...what you wrote crack me up! It made me wonder too whether I've asked you any of those questions before...have I?

Anonymous said...

Good one shaniz! Especially, the first few questions. Gets my nerves tight. You forgot the 'you muslim, why you don't speak malay ah?' question.

jalsa... said...

well azmah.. at first i found it funny that ppl actually asked me these questions... but over time.. i got fed up la..

and yashila.. guess u are in the same boat as me.. jus coz u are a muslim.. malay becomes a mandatory tongue.

Anonymous said...

I can still remember the question Ashley asked Yasmin when she brought her kid to see me in OT...."you cannot speak Malay? You Muslim right?" Hehehehe....poor girl....:)

jalsa... said...

HAHA... i believe yasmin would have grind her teeth in agony..

Anonymous said...

Well...I really can't remember that day..hehehehe...Ashley must have caught me in a good mood. :)