Tuesday, June 25, 2013

All roads led here

I can't even recall my last post in Scribbles. Been too long and too busy. With what? I don't know. Maybe surviving an onslaught of challenges spanning from my personal to professional life. Somewhat akin to being caught in a continuos whirlpool for 5 years. 

The happiness that came after the convocation of the degree, can be described as short-lived at best. Maybe i was looking forward to a happy ending and happy it was . I just failed to realize that the next line began immediately. 

Life runs simultaneously and concurrently, there will be plenty of time to rest in the grave. My mom always says till today. Challenges keep you moving. The latest challenge ( a year back) appending the queue was to get married to my then girlfriend within a year. Just after spending a fortune on my studies and with no savings at all, it was by far the most monumental task i ever undertook. Freaking clueless, thats the word that summarized all aspects of my cognition. Where to begin? Where to go? Just put your foot in and go with the flow.... Something i came quite accustomed to doing. How to make the money in time to hold a decent level wedding? Hell, i don't know. Furthermore weddings in Singapore are not cheap. Its not as easy as inviting 10 people to your house and get married. I don't even have a house ready and i was already pushing 30. Postponement was not really an option unless i didn't mind getting skinned by the parents (typically Asian, what to do?)

But Life always finds a way. It did. From a son, to a brother, to an uncle, now, i am a husband. Thank Allah. 

Happy ending, you say... Allow me to re-iterate, the next challenge had already begun even before this ended. Weddings become super intricate as more people join the bandwagon. Keeping all elders reasonably happy and managing their expectations is far more difficult than navigating to the moon apparently. Thats another story for another day.

For now, i am reveling in the silence and the stillness of the aftermath of my wedding but still waters run deep. I am going to let nature take its course.

No comments: