Saturday, December 27, 2008

Gran Turismo...Mountain Biko...

Somehow, after all the meandering in my plans and my routes since 6 am this morning, Ieventually managed to get to the Kent Ridge Bike Trails... and with good company too, Yusuf, a proud owner of an already scratched up brand new GT Avalanche 3.0.

It was all great fun. From deviating at Pasir Panjang at 6.30 am to meet up with Yusuf at Botanic Gardens for Mutton Murtabak ...to proceeding to Kent Ridge Trails and getting our amateur tail feathers plucked. Then, finally, after lunch, cycling all the way to Chin Swee Road to view helmets and to change my tire. Simply a superb workout that was capped with an uphill peddle to the top of Mt. Faber.

Kent Ridge is a damn cool trail albeit very technical ( ... and i mean very technical) . All that skidding, falling, banging against trees and pathetic pushing of bikes up slopes affirmed our novice skill level. I have acquired some cool scratches on my leg though it can't be seen as it is covered with all the hair on my leg and some cool bruises on my back as well. My Jamis acquired some scratches and its rear tire had to go. Got it a new Maxxis Cross Mark Tire as a present for handling so well despite my inexperience on the trails and more importantly on the bike itself.

So ya, thats about wraps up my eventful day today... and Yeah!!! NISA... you are not the only one who can put up pictures from your trail rides ok! Here is our pics... hahahah



1 comment:

nisangel said...

Oi oi!! I can smell revenge eh?? Ha ha.. You guys are crazy to hit Kent Ridge!!

Anyway, I was thinking of going to Ubin for 2d1n, during the long CNY break and hit the Ketam Trail till I drop.. How??

Anyway, I've signed up for OCBC cycle. Have you?