Sunday, May 25, 2008

Just...

Time:

It is tough scavenging for time for anything. I am busy, but what am i occupied with? I don't know. Work? Home? Or practicum? Though i found practicum not as intimidating as i thought it would be, I still found myself with a lack of time for my social life and activities. I have incarcerated myself to the confines of my room to an extent my mom feels as if I am a tenant in a sublet room. I must admit i find it funny when she occasionally pops in to ask for rent.

My Life:

Pathetically, it revolves around going to work and coming back home. It is mundane. Really... Except for the occasional runs i have with Ah Bin , Amanda and gang and ..... myself. Apart from desperately trying lose my tummy, I guess it's my way of pacifying myself: that i am active in my social life ( or the lack of). This succinct paragraph bears witness to my exciting life.

My Friends:

Recent developements- I believe that you can never be close friends with colleagues . But Life has a funny way of throwing little surprises. Once in a while you tend to find those really special some ones that you can be absolutely yourself with.... and yeah , you don't mind making sandwiches for them too with egg.. and mayo... and sauce.

The Constants- All of you, even a well developed bond has the propensity to erode, thanks to complacency and lack of intrinsic communication. I guess you all know what i am talking about.

My take :

The HDB flats seem to resemble more of pigeon holes. The MRT has become the icon of a Singaporean lifestyle. The CTE Jam seems like my pay increments. Gmaps just enlightened me to how crowded my country is. I have lost all hopes that i will ever see my CPF money in my lifetime. ( I wont dare to write any further on my takes).

Miracles:

It's everywhere. Miracles occur everywhere and everytime. It just doesn't resemble those that we have in mind. Lately i have been blessed to view some of them in action in real time. But i will blog about it in detail another time. I feel that it deserves more weight than just me superficially pointing at it.

To a beautiful Manjan ( term of endearment that will only be understood by that particular person actually, not a racial slurr):

You are a bloody pain in my ass. If i tell you that i can't run and that i need sleep ... you listen .. Don't argue! Sitting upright and putting a bolster on your face will not get you anywhere. But i must admit. You are one stubborn babe. I actually pity your boyfriend.

To all Aunties and Uncles:

Please.. thank you so much for trying to find me a bride. But really.... Don't you all have anything better to do....

On a random note:

Zayed received the honour of being featured on my 100th post.

No comments: