Sunday, March 09, 2008

Success or Significance...

Finally. Got a breather. So much has occurred at such blistering pace. Not everything has sunk in yet. Still in a daze, waiting for the dust to settle. So much time has passed so quickly and i feel very detached from the world. A very surreal feeling it is.

Sitting down and reflecting in the cool breeze helped put back some order into my thoughts. So here it goes, the rhetoric express.

Attending a number of funerals and especially that of a friends father, was a speed breaker in my chaotic life. It ends before you know it. No matter how prepared you are for it, you are simply unprepared.. face it.

What have i done ? Spending all my time chasing the Singapore dream of making it big, attaining Certs, brining in extra income and forever in the pursuit of success. Come to think of it i am not so sure anymore. Do i want my life to be defined by my success? or do i want it to be defined by significance?

Success or Significance, a question similar to the previous conundrums of passion or profession.

What defines significance? To me, its the people in my life and life's precious moments. An infant's waking moments are more precious to me than the closing moments of the best deal in office. Time and tide waits for no man. What's your assurance that you will awake the next dawn? Hold your loved ones close and never let them go.

Just unloading some random ramblings.

No comments: