Sunday, January 04, 2009

Live.... and let live...

Life is a beautiful gift. It unfolds delicately with every decision we make. Every decision, has its consequences which in turn will affect the individual and his/her surrounding. What we make of it is up to us.. Ok.. enough of all these long and grossly over-used cliches. There is going to be nothing nice about this entry.

I have always considered myself as a relatively good friend to all my friends out there. I also believe that i have practiced enduring patience when times called for it. And there are probably a few more nice things that i can safely say about myself. Chief amongst which is ...me understanding all the shit that i get for things that i didn't commit. But nevermind, I understand.

I know that Life is unfair and sometimes there is really nothing we can do about it except embrace it. Sometimes we all have to vent out that built up steam inside. Frankly i don't mind being the punching bag. But everything has its breaking limits... Even a punching bag breaks to wear and tear.

I know that Life deals us painful lessons that makes us shudder in fear when we have to move on. But being the victim indefinitely is not an option either. Being shackled to our pasts only cripples our future. Being sore about it doesn't solve anything. And ya.. don't take it out on me for now, i am a broken punching bag.

I know that in Life certain things , despite being so close, will slip right through your fingers.. So don't close your fist and start punching this punching bag for your missed possibilities.

I know that Life is like a tour of duty. Everyone switches roles after a short while. Why is it that you always want to play the emo boxer? Life's like a box of chocolates... try everyone of them...

Lastly , why is it that a hundred good things that i did can simply be overlooked when i slipped up once. Why can't I be cut the slack when so many others got it before me?

Sigh.. this has got to change.. and they will.
Live and Let Live.

No comments: