Sunday, March 18, 2007

In the heat of saturday night fever.

Quite a number of events occurred so getting to the gist of matters.

18 march (sunday) 5.50am outside hougang plaza.

struggling to stay awake while dragging my feet to the MRT station.. what am i doing there in the wee hours of the morning on a sunday? You may ask.. Well, i was on my way to Bt Timah for the weekly train up.. anyway coming back to the point.. i was walking past a group of teenagers seated on a bench and sobering up after their saturday night out i guess (and some of them, obviously still drunk).. so as i was walking past them, i heard one of them shouting out, "Eh Keling!"

Something just shot up my spine. i do not take well to racist remarks you see.. and i take it a bit more violently when the dumb ass is a bloody teenager..but i just continued walking, trying my best to avoid any form of conflict and screw up my beautiful morning. But NO... those rash punks could not let it rest. a few of them just came across my path and asked if i was deaf or what. To which i forced out a small smile and said excuse me. At this point of time another scantily clad and barely sober girl in a sweat drenched white tube top staggers into the group confronting me and asks them to knock it off.. i was quite impressed with her drunken sobriety and subtly said, please take your friends sound advice before anything gets out of control. concurrently some of them were back stepping already, except for this one dumb ass who was really fated to get it today. He asks me "Eh C*** B** Keling, you think you bruce lee ah.. you wan go 1 on 1 or not.. i mah bok also can take you down..etc." the soberly drunken girl comes back to drag him off to which i simply smiled at her and thanked her. Our hero cannot take it already.. he grabs my t-shirt and asks " you dare to smile at her!?" [ i dare to do more than that and i do not need to be bruce lee.. dimwit. i am a pissed indian thats enuff.. Keling is it... dun worry you definitely will hear "Kling" when i am done ]

Anger had already consumed me beyond control.. Pride has enraged me beyond rationality... and Ego has empowered me beyond restraint. so in return, i grabbed his windpipe and gently* pushed him a few steps back. Suddenly i found a bar stool in my hand and i realised instantly that that stool look much better on his face then in my hand. so i decided to put it in its befitting place. I took out my phone to call my buddies that i will be late to the hike but i guess they thought i was calling them down to hougang.

After that the entire bench came running to him.. and a few of the other guys simply apologized and ushered me away. i humbly requested that i wanted to call the police to resolve our differences but they chose to be magnanimous and simply give in to my views.

Entire ordeal lasted 20 mins, i got so mood out that i just wanted to turn back home and sleep it off. but considering the amount of effort Nisa puts into organising all this training sessions and considering that Faizul and the rest all took the trouble, i decided to go ahead anyway. But it was a good call had a wonderful time there. All of them were gung ho and on form. It took my mind of things.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

shit la... just the kind of excitement i need in life now.... mike... you should have given it la... not just the stool.... you sd have made him seen his great garandfather also... that fella who said it should have his intestines gruelly stir fried and offered to his friends on flaming vodka!!! *comment made was for humour value solely and not to offend anyone in particular. this is in no way rascist. it is an extension of a private joke with the owner of this blog. so do exercise discretion in the consumption of the material in this post.

Anonymous said...

so typical of chandra to give such disclaimers!]

Bu seriously, what idiots! Its horrible to think such pple exist... argh... i would be freakin irritated if i were you. I like the way you handled it. and its a good thing u did not let it affect u...

-shalini

Nunbun said...

A couple of things that I "instantly realise". Please correct me if I'm wrong.

1. You have the arsest of lucks to come into contact with guys who touch your ass and teenagers who touch your self-identity.

2. You half-strangled a PP (podi payal) and whacked his face with a stool. (Only God knows where the stool came from.)

3. You concluded the blog post to say that you enjoyed the hike, after all the above happened.

Neethanda aambuleh!

jalsa... said...

Jalees -
i am not too sure where the stool came from either but it was pretty handy.. guess it was one of those discarded furniture that the usual late nite patrons of the void deck would have found some use for..
Shalini-
I loved the way even i handled it. maybe i would have been off if i didnt give him anythin. It really felt good to lose control. the adrenaline, fear, panic the entire works.
Chanti-
i understand what u mean abt the excitement. it was liberating. to be able to lose control in the spur of the moment.

Anonymous said...

wow.. you are a strong man..
~skippy~