Friday, February 16, 2007

I got served.... in about 2.5 hours.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I went to get to an MC as i got a strained knee ligament. After my consultation, i came back with the same strained knee, an acute lower back pain (sitting on a hard chair waiting 2 plus hours in total for a check up) and bag full of .... PARACETAMOL.... did i mention my consultation lasted a mere 3 to 4 mins?

I just do not comprehend one small observation i made today at the polyclinic. there was relatively not much crowd there at the waiting area. the thing is all of us waited an average of 10 to 15 mins before the Que number changed..the corresponding number walks in and in about 5 min.. he or she comes out.. and then it takes another 15 mins before the next patient is called up..

Its not my intention to condemn the doctors or anything.. if not for them i wouldn't have gotten my MC( which i need badly).. I am just curious as to what happens in the 10 min lapse after the patient leaves? any doctor buddies or bloggers chancing upon this site.. please enlighten me...are they bogged down with follow up paper work on the patient that they just treated.. or are they just taking a stress break for the 5 min consultation? or am i looking in the wrong direction... is the waiting problem beyond doctors and due to administration?

PS: ever noticed that despite the notice that que numbers may not appear in sequence.. u know, they follow the number sequence until the next turn is urs.. then the number jumps off to the moon.. u know ... 7041..7042..7043.. 7044..7045...9036 ??

No comments: