Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Case of the contraband burgers...


After keeping it a secret for so long.. finally i am compelled to tell my story.. (actually Brinjals brought out my hilariously embarassing episode in the carceral checkpoint room).. anyway picking up from where brinjals left off...

i volunteered to carry all the burgers so that the burden of the rest could be lightened. prior to this.. my colleague and i were having a conversation(just for the fun of it.. not actually planning anythin) abt the possibilities of smuggling contraband goods across the border.. we discussed some methods (again for the fun of it) of actually concealing the goods. at which point, my colleague mentioned that sometimes just openly smuggling the goods will work.. our disussions ended when counter attendent signalled me to come over. After they X-rayed my pouch and the bag of burgers.. a scrawny Police NSF came over to me and told me that i had to follow him to the office..I knew it.. i just knew it.. somehow i had this feeling that i was gonna pay a visit to the check room.. it was one of those gutt feelings.. and it came true.. so i obliged and followed the scrawny Police NSF to the room, along the way tryin to smile and jokingly signal as if i had been hand cuffed to my confused buddies and kepo( not that i blame them) onlookers...

[inside the check room]

there was a major, staff Sgt and the Scrawny Police NSF. the Staff Sgt came over to me. "hmm wat do u have inside there.." i simply replied.."----- burgers" .. after which he went on to give this sinister laughter.. somethin that went like ..." hm hm hm hm.. hm hm. ha ha ha. ha hahaha.. mu haha ha ha ha ha... MUHAHAHAHHAHHA!" try it.. will freak u out. then he told me that burgers were not allowed(which means my burgers have mutated into contraband goods) thru the check point and he asked me to write down my particulars and sign the book.. i have never had my particulars noted down because of mere burgers.. not onli have my burgers become contraband but i have become a smuggler.. cool.. i was told then and there that AVA had not permitted the entry of chickens.. me, being a law abiding citizen simply said.. "is it? i dint know.. can u close one eye this one time and i wont do it again", to which he responded with a re-run of his sinister laughter. the funny part was that while he was readin me the S.O.P for contraband goods (which is to dispose the product then and there..) he was neatly tying up the plastic bag and placed them on the desk.. My gutt feeling was like " yup! we all know where thats going..bon apetite fellas!"... In a desperate effort to salvage what eva i can.. i quickly asked him if could at least bring back the BEEF burgers.. i knew i was getting zilch when he went like " i am sorry sir.. we have already tied up the bag and a guy is coming to collect it". i walked out in agony.. i can imgaine him radio-ing the others " guys we got dinner!".. lookin on the bright side, at least we all had bloody good laugh on the way back.

food for thought: if the chicken is not allowed.. then kindly put up a sign.. we got posters banning almost anythin we can think of..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

tHIS IS SUCH FUNNY SHIT. i'VE ENJOYED YOUR BLOG.WHERE IS YOUR PROFILE AND WHERE ARE YOU FROM? IS NS NATIONAL SECURITY? GOOD POST ON AUTISM. MY NEPHEW WHO I TAKE CARE OF,HAS PDD, A FORM OF AUTISM. THIS IS A GOOD READ I ENCOURAGE YOU TO CONTINUE. TAKE CARE!

jalsa... said...

hi barbara, its nice to know there are others besides my immediate circle of buddies who read this blog.. thank u for ur comments.. and by the way.. NS is the abbreviation for wat we singaporeans call National Service.. A mandatory 2 year service for all able bodied citizens to the government.